Little Dreamers is working to improve the quality of life for Young Carers across the country.
Our vision? To ensure that every single Young Carer around the world is supported by someone or something by 2030.
School holidays can often be hard on families with unwell children or for parents who have their own health challenges. Our holiday program gives incredible Young Carers a well-earned break from their caring roles.
Our Holiday Program runs every school holidays, giving Young Carers the opportunity to engage in a fun day out and simply be a kid for the day. We incorporate workshops, arts and crafts, exercise, dance, drama and music, in awesome locations such as theme parks, the zoo, cinemas, museums and bowling!
As a volunteer, your role at our Holiday Programs will involve getting to hang out with our amazing Young Carers whilst experiencing fun activities around NSW! You will assist the Little Dreamers staff in the organisation of the kids throughout the day, help facilitate games and activities and help with general tasks such as the set-up and clean-up.
- December/January 22-23 School Holidays
- Potential for ongoing volunteer positions
- You will be placed on our database and contacted when we have holiday programs or other events running
- Please note, if you are working full time, many workplaces will offer volunteering leave with enough notice!
- Interview with a Little Dreamers staff member
- Obtain a Working with Children Check & complete a police check
- Maintain regular contact with Little Dreamers staff, as well as your allocated Young Carers
What we are looking for
- Fun, energetic and caring people!
- Desire to make a difference: Volunteers should care about making an impact to the lives of Young Carers.
- Committed: We are looking for reliable and committed volunteers!
- Communication skills: Should be friendly and able to engage with a young person in a non-judgmental and appropriate manner.
- Ethics: Volunteers should have an appreciation of ethical issues and can be entrusted to behave appropriately around vulnerable people and seek guidance when unsure.