Eastern Volunteers Community Transport program provides support to vulnerable and isolated members of the community in a number of ways. Our core service involves helping individuals remain engaged with the community, Live better and remain in their homes for longer. We also partner with a number of not for profit organisations to deliver services to vulnerable members of the community when required.
As more COVID restrictions ease we are seeing a massive increase in demand for our great service as clients look to avoid taxis, Ubers and public transport. As such we are looking at expanding our teams!
We require volunteer depot assistants to assist our drivers & office team in the following duties:
- Assisting with routine vehicle checks
- Ensuring vehicles are stocked with cleaning supplies, checklists & other consumables as required
- Assisting with routine vehicle cleaning
- Assisting with the sorting, picking & packing of RAT & Face Masks to be distributed to community organisations
- Assisting with the day to day maintenance & cleaning of the depot space
Ongoing training and support are provided, as well as other volunteer opportunities for those who may be interested!
Clear communication skills Comfortable standing/walking for long periods of time Able to lift up to 5kg Available for at least 3 Hours per week (we are flexible with hours however!) Happy to attend training sessions as required.
Centrelink Volunteers Welcome!
If you want to support the community at the grass roots then apply to join our fantastic team of volunteer drivers today!