Do you enjoy chatting to people? Do you want to make a real difference in your community? This may be a fantastic opportunity for you!
About the Program:
This position provides reception and administration support for the operations and activities of the centre. The reception role includes answering phone enquiries, responding to emails, booking participants into programs, and face-to-face general enquiries. The role is the first point of contact for the centre.
- Provide a professional, welcoming, and friendly service that fosters good relationships with all users of the Centre.
- Support the completion of basic administration tasks.
- Taking and receipting cash and EFTPOS payments.
- Participate in event/activity preparation and setting up/removal of equipment.
- Adhering to all Safe Work Procedures and report all incidents, hazards, near misses and accidents as soon as reasonably practicable.
- Attend staff/volunteer team meetings.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to build rapport with community members and Centre users whilst establishing positive working relationship boundaries
- Ability to relate to people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Ability to be reliable and flexible, with a willingness to learn and be part of a team
- Physically capable of carrying out the required duties
Reception/Administration support is required Monday – Friday 9.00am to 4.00pm, with volunteering periods negotiated within those days and times – generally 9am – 12pm, 12pm – 4pm or a full day.
Hours and days are agreed beforehand and are dependent upon the Centre’s requirements. Some additional hours may be requested for replacing other volunteers who are on leave and/or special events.
Will undergo or provide a Department of Human Services (DHS) “Not Prohibited” Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
If you think this opportunity suits you, please apply!