The Homework Club Support person is responsible for supporting children with their homework tasks and delivering activities under guidance from the on-site supervisor. The program is for primary school-aged children in East Reservoir with the aim of building confidence in young people to be engaged in their learning.
We aim to have three support people at each homework club session to have a good ratio of support to children.
The Volunteer Homework Club is run by the Somali Australia Council of Victoria in East Reservoir supported by DIVRS.
Tasks and responsibilities:
• To assist primary-aged children with their homework and guide and support their learning.
• To foster positive relationships through demonstrating respectful and caring behaviour.
• To observe young people's learning capacities and report any observations back to supervisors.
• Participate in discussions about young people's learning and observations with supervisors to contribute to planning the best possible strategies to support learning.
• To always act within ethical and legal frameworks to ensure the development and holding of a safe and supportive environment
Expectation of volunteers:
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively with DIVRS and SACOV employees, volunteers and students.
• Operate within DIVRS’s policies and procedures, homework club guidelines and relevant legislation.
• Complete a satisfactory police check and working with children clearance before starting with DIVRS (we will organise this) and link your working with children clearance to DIVRS.
• Up-to-date vaccination status (minimum two doses). You must provide your vaccination certificate.