This role is advertised by Volunteer West, the volunteer resource centre of Australian Multicultural Community Services on behalf of Westside Community Desexing.
Westside Community Desexing Clinic is a not-for-profit veterinary clinic in Sunshine and we provide affordable, best-practice cat desexing and microchipping services to the community. We are registered with ACNC, the Australian Charities and Not For Profit Commission.
We are looking for a variety of committee members to join our managing committee. We need people who can take on active roles to enable our business and charity to continue to grow and succeed. Positions available:
- Marketing officer
- Events/ fundraising officer
All committee members need to:
- be willing to learn about the regulations of not for profits
- have ability to actively take on tasks in their desired area of interest
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Committee experience (especially NFP)
- Be a team player
- Experience in area of interest is preferable eg marketing
- An ability to take on tasks and work with committee to get them done
What you will get out of the role:
- Participate in helping the community by contributing your skills, time and knowledge and maintaining contact with community members.
- Experience the joy of helping, not just the community but contributing to animal welfare and protection.
- Being part of a local charity that is having a positive impact on cats and the people who care for them
- Meeting a great group of people
- Working with a team
- Looks great on your CV!
Time Required 4-6 meetings per year with meetings lasting about 2 hours. Currently meetings are both on-line and in clinic at Sunshine. Tasks taken on will require varying amounts of time. Ideally you would live locally and be able to come to the clinic to understand and enjoy working in our business and charity.