This position will work to deliver exceptional customer service to our community, whilst continuing to innovate and create value in all work undertaken by Council. This work will be delivered through collaboration with the leadership team and in consultation with the Townsville community.
This position will involve actively contributing to achieving the strategic vision for Townsville through exemplar safety practices, personal accountability, and customer focus.
You will drive a culture that embodies our corporate values to SERVE:
Gallery volunteers will provide high quality customer service and professional front-of-house (reception) services, as well as assistance with associated public programs, educational activities and special events.
- Current Working with Children’s Check Queensland (if volunteering with Education and Programs Team)
- Experience in a customer service environment
- Good communication skills
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Ability to follow instruction
- To be able to be a member of a busy and dynamic team
Keeping the customer at the heart of all activities, this position will:
- Deliver a high standard of customer service to all patrons
- Present at the beginning of a shift in correct smart casual attire to start at rostered time
- Offer general assistance and to be the first point of contact for visitors
- Perform volunteering duties as directed by the supervisor
- Undertake training on temporary exhibitions and the collection to provide information to the public
- Monitor security cameras
- Ensure appropriate behaviour is maintained with a polite and friendly manner
- Ensure all patrons are cleared from the Gallery at closing time
- Report any incident, however minor, to staff