We are seeking a volunteer driver/assist to help transport community members to and from their home to Wakefield House Positive Ageing Centre to connect in social activities in a positive environment.
Key activities • Provide a professional, welcoming and friendly service • Drive a Council Bus in accordance within the relevant Road Traffic Act • Ensure the safety of passengers whilst entering, travelling and alighting from the vehicle and provide support with walkers and bags in accordance with manual handling procedures • Support the completion of required passenger journeys as directed by the Coordinator or delegate • Support the driver with navigation and communication if required • Report all incidents, hazards, near misses and accidents as soon as reasonably practicable • Ensure the buses reflect the expected cleanliness, and driving standards of the City of Onkaparinga
- Friendly, relaxed and flexible disposition with an empathy for an ageing community and/or people with a disability
- Current C class drivers’ licence and competent to drive a 12-seater bus satisfactory DHS Aged screening and driver assessment (we can arrange this for you) ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Level of fitness to effectively perform the role.
- Reliability and ability to work as a team member - available from approximately. Monday 9-11am and 2-3:30pm & Wednesday 8:30am–2pm. Times will vary depending on the number of passengers to collect.
- Satisfactory clearance from DHS – Aged and Disability
- Successful Driver Assessment & Competency level achieved
- The successful applicant must possess and provide a Department of Human Services (DHS) clearance (Aged Care Sector) and (NDIS Worker Check)