- Would you like to be an active member in your local community?
- Are you looking for a flexible volunteering opportunity?
- Would you like to volunteer with a community minded organisation?
Maxima are seeking expressions of interest for Volunteer Driving Supervisors to participate in our newest initiative, Road2Work Driver Training program.
Road2Work is designed to assist Maxima customers, those living with disability and looking for work, to gain their Probationary License to increase their employability, enrich their everyday lives and open up their opportunities. Our Volunteer Driving Supervisors play a key part in assisting our customers to add to their required driving hours and helping them achieving this goal.
What will Road2Work Volunteer Driving Supervisors do?
- Complete driver induction and online training
- Use a Maxima vehicle to pick up Learner Drivers from a Maxima office and support them to work towards achieving logbook hours and increasing driving confidence
- Volunteer for driving sessions that suit your availability and the hours you wish to commit between the hours of Monday-Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm (note this can be as little as one hour per week)
- Add value to people’s lives; often those living with a disability through addressing one of the main barriers to employment
What is required?
- Ability to pass a National Police Check, Working with Children Check (or state equivalent), NDIS check and Traffic History report (paid for by Maxima)
- Full and current driver’s license
- Covid vaccination
- Complete an interview, induction and online training
- Strong communication skills
- Confident in working with people from various cultures and backgrounds and people with a disability
Maxima is a national not-for-profit organisation valued by individuals, organisations and communities for helping people develop their skills and potential to find jobs. We are driven by a desire to make a real difference and are rewarded every day by the life-changing outcomes we create for our inspiring customers. We distinguish ourselves by offering flexible working arrangements and a supportive working environment for our employees and volunteers.
*Maxima believes in the strength of a diverse workforce. We welcome applicants who have a disability, identify as First Nations, are from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds or are members of the LGBTQIA+ community. The life experiences of our employees help us build strong relationships with our customers and enables us to deliver services that benefit all members of our community.
If you need an adjustment in the recruitment process, please call 1300 629 462 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and advise us of your preferred method of communication.*