Warehouse GreeterBig Group Hug
Are you a people person with a killer smile? Active and organised? If so, you would be perfect for our Warehouse Greeter position!
Tasks will include:
- Meeting donors and receiving donations in accordance with our 'acceptable items' standards
- Meeting case workers and directing them to the request team
- Taking items to the appropriate location within the warehouse
- Greeting volunteers and visitors that arrive at the warehouse
Please note that this role involves some light lifting (up to 10 kg), pushing trolleys, bending and other light warehousing tasks as required.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a great community organisation that helps children and families in need
- Meet wonderful people who are committed to making a difference
- Gain valuable work experience and a reference.
We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply and become part of our Big Group Hug community!
Big Group Hug is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organisation that supports vulnerable and disadvantaged families in need, by providing new and pre-loved goods to help these families care for their children, aged from newborn to 16-year-old. Our core belief is that all children deserve the best start in life, so for us, the child is the focus of everything we do. Our team is made up of over 300 individuals/volunteers who are determined and committed to assisting every family who asks for help. We receive requests for specific and essential items through Case Workers, Maternal and Child Health Nurses or other professionals in the community.