Volunteer seniors home visitors - Blacktown LGACatholic Care Western Sydney and the Blue Mountains
Catholic Care's aged care services assist frail aged people who are living within the Blacktown Local Government Area (LGA).
Catholic Care's aged care services offers a person centred approach to enable our clients to continue living independently in their own home. We operate Monday to Friday during normal business hours.
This service involves trained volunteers (you?) who give their time to visit clients in their homes. It assists people to remain living in their own homes for as long as possible, and to maintain their independence. The service also provides a vital link between residents who are at risk of becoming socially isolated and their local community
The role involves visiting and calling residents on a weekly or fortnightly basis and may include:
- having a chat over a cuppa
- reading, especially for residents who have a visual impairment
- pick up and return of books and resources from the local Library
- writing and addressing mail, assisting with personal shopping and paying bills
- accompanied activities like walking, visiting local cafes and shops, social groups, bus trips
- support for carers
- information, advocacy and referrals