The Board Secretary is a key voluntary executive Board position within HikeWest. It is a valued and very satisfying role. Duties:
- maintain up-to-date registers of Board members and HikeWest members;
- monitor and coordinate HikeWest Board correspondence of the Association in liaison with the Executive Officer;
- coordinate the scheduling of meetings and the distribution of meeting agenda and papers;
- participate in Board meetings and record and distribute concise, accurate minutes of Board meetings & AGM;
- have strong familiarity with HikeWest’s governing documents (Rules and Bylaws), internal policies and procedures, and ensure i) they are observed by the Board and committees; and ii) they are updated when appropriate and remain compliant;
- ensure all documents, records and registers of the Association, other than those under the responsibility of the Treasurer, are kept in safe custody and are easily retrievable.
- Preferably prior Board or committee experience (corporate or not-for-profit);
- Proficiency in relevant computer skills, including use of MS Word;
- Relevant organisational skills;
- Prior active interest in bushwalking / hiking is not a prerequisite, but would be useful; the Secretary also contributes where possible in Board discussions and decisions on matters of importance to bushwalking and bushwalkers in WA.