Volunteer responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Friendly visiting, where a volunteer regularly visits the same person to provide companionship.
- Support people to engage with any activities that are meaningful to them. For example, spending time in the garden, do a craft, or play a game.
- Transport clients to and from appointments, and to engage or participate out in the community.
- Participate or operate group activities, such as small local walking groups for people with shared goals.
- Support clients to develop their own social networks, for example, by linking a person to a community of interest.
- Provide domestic assistance in the home in a way that supports the client to develop on their life skills and ability to manage this activity independently in the future.
- Volunteers may also undertake administrative activities such as the preparation of newsletters, office assistance and Organisation event support.