Learning Support Volunteers ( LSVs) assist students and teachers in the classroom or in other areas of the school for a minimum of one hour per week.
LSVs like being involved in the busy school environment, often working autonomously as part of the school team.
Using patience, understanding and a positive attitude about education, volunteers encourage and support students to achieve academic goals.
The common roles are:
- Assisting students with their learning within a classroom
- Listening to students read
- Working with small groups of students to assist with literary and numeracy work
- Assisting in the school library, canteen or breakfast club
- Assisting with specialist programs
We require Learning Support Volunteers to commit for a minimum of six months so schools can integrate volunteer support into their timetables.