We’re looking for volunteers from Goonellabah and surrounding areas to help keep seniors socially connected with their already vibrant local communities and live bolder lives!
- Laugh, chat, and give purpose to someone’s life through fun, friendly social visits to a senior client in their own home, offering a listening ear or a helping hand for easy tasks around their home or garden.
- Help a senior connect to their community by ensuring reliable and safe transport, and accompanying them to exciting events and outings.
- Share your interests and hobbies, be it cards, crafting, or cooking, and make a difference in someone’s life!
Work Perks (the good stuff!):
- Meet new people, make new friends, hear and share exciting stories
- Spend quality time enjoying new and exciting social and cultural experiences
- Create meaningful experiences where you know you are making a positive impact in the local community every day
- Improve employment prospects
- Feel part of the team with an invite to attend virtual volunteer catchups
- Receive our volunteer newsletters showcasing our latest stories and events
- Truly flexible and supportive work environment – we walk the talk
- Be part of an award-winning, non-profit community organization
What does our ideal volunteer look like?
- Able and willing to travel to clients in the community or their homes
- Thrives on helping others, and energised by interacting and engaging with people
- Exhibits a natural curiosity and appetite for learning
- Enjoys going out and being part of a greater community
- Compassionate, patient, observant and a good listener
- Embodies a friendly and cheerful volunteer spirit
- Ready to smash stereotypes around aging
- Operates with integrity, open-mindedness and respect, ensuring the privacy, confidentiality, and dignity of our clients is maintained at all times
- Comfortable using technology (including smartphones and computers) and basic applications
- Flexible availability over a three to six-month commitment
What to bring:
- Demonstrated ability to provide a client-focused service
- Be compassionate, patient, observant, and a good listener
- Be willing to undergo a free national police check
- Open to getting Covid vaccinations and provide valid evidence
For brownie points:
- Previous experience working with, or volunteering with seniors
- Have a current unrestricted Driver's Licence and a registered insured vehicle
- Be a safe and confident driver with a good driving history
- Think age is just a number? You’re one of us!
In Great Company is a volunteer program designed to connect seniors based in the community in need of social connection and support with caring, friendly, reliable, and enthusiastic volunteers. This program was born out of a need for a service that creates a real difference in the lives of people and those volunteering their time to give back.
If you’re motivated to contribute positively to your community then we would love to hear from you!
For more information feel free to contact us at 1300 736 930 or email@example.com should you have any further queries in relation to your application.