This role is based online (Work From Home) and support group meetings are held via Zoom.
This role is for a 12 month commitment.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership, structure, and boundaries to meetings
- Open and close meetings
- Foster a safe and comfortable environment
- Encourage discussion, ensure relevance, provide balance, and manage differences of opinion
- Collect statistics and provide written reports relating to the progress of support group meetings.
- Attend team meetings, training sessions, and group supervision sessions to gain feedback and to ensure continual learning and development.
You do not need to be an expert in mental health issues nor a fully qualified professional as our groups are a resource for community-based support rather than being clinical or therapy groups
Desired Skills and Experience
- A graduate degree in a related field (eg, psychology, counselling, social work)
- Experience using Zoom or similar online meeting technology (training provided)
- An awareness of anxiety & depression issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Respectful and professional attitude
- Empathic with a genuine desire to help people
- Reliable and fast internet connection for video conferencing
- A reliable computer and decent webcam for video and audio
- Availability of a private and quiet space when attending meetings
For more details about ADAVIC Support Groups you can visit ADAVIC's website.