Meals on Wheels customers include those who cannot cook or shop for themselves with ease, such as older people, people with a disability, carers or those recovering from an illness or injury. Meals are delivered hot from Monday to Friday or frozen, allowing customers more dining flexibility especially for weekends and Public Holidays.
As an Office Support volunteer, you will help to ensure this service to our customers is provided to the highest quality and standard.
The Office Support role includes:
- Responding to phone calls and emails
- Updating information on the Customer Database (training provided)
- Assisting in other administration duties as required
All volunteers are required to have a Police Clearance (valid within 2 years of the release date). Meals on Wheels are authorised to conduct police checks for applicants requiring this service. Covid vaccinations are mandatory (including Booster).
- Ability to relate to and interact effectively with a range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Work cooperatively in a team environment, demonstrate good leadership skills and adjust readily to changing situations
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with customer issues
- Good ICT skills (additional training will be provided)