Founded in 2017 by Melissa Williams, Corethics is an independent not-for-profit established to create sustainable and thriving communities in the developing world.
We partner with trusted community organisations working on the ground to tackle some of the most complex issues affecting human society and the environment.
Our Bali, Indonesia Program consists of Waste 4 Wealth. #waste4wealth tackles an "invisible" threat to human and environmental health - toxic chemical pollution from industry. Through circular wastewater treatment solutions, innovation can transform communities free from the edges of poverty.
About the role
We are looking for a talented writer to generate engaging, original content for our website and email marketing. The volunteer will research topics and develop interesting posts that will appeal to our target audience and promote the blog using social media, direct email, and other methods to alert and expand our readership.
You will also work with our teams to deliver content to our audience via mailchimp. This will require you to liaise with our social media, website, and fund-raising team to schedule and share your work. You should be a skilled, tech-savvy writer who can create appealing, insightful posts that will reach and grow our audience.
Topics Corethics writes about:
- women in development
- ethics in business
- ethical fashion
- ethical tourism
- and culture in Indonesia.
Broadly we are focused on advancing the environment and education. To get an understanding of our posts head to our website.
To succeed as a writer, you should be focused on generating and composing interesting content and expanding our readership. You should be creative, adaptable, and analytical with excellent writing skills and a unique voice.
We hope this experience will either catapult you into the not-for-profit sector or give you the satisfaction of sharing your skills to benefit local communities in Bali and help them overcome their water crisis. Maybe both!
- Generating, researching, and pitching ideas for posts
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting content
- Promoting new posts using advertisements, emails, social media, and other methods to alert and attract new readers
- Advocating and educating others about interests, products, or services
- Maximizing site traffic by utilizing Search Engine Optimization keywords
- Inviting other bloggers, experts, or other notable guests to contribute content to the webpage
- Monitoring responses to posts via the website, social media, or other platforms to better understand the audience
- Staying current on industry trends for possible opportunities to attract new readers or create stronger, more engaging content
- Minimum one article per month of your interest
- Understand and commit to Corethics blog strategy and goals
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, marketing, or related field (or examples of your writing if currently studying or self-taught)
- Writing experience or familiarity with certain interests or a specific field
- Exceptional writing, research, and communication skills
- Creativity and adaptability
- Strong understanding of the target audience and industry trends
- Proficiency with computers, especially content management software, social media platforms, MS Office, and SEO keywords,
- Upload Corethics pillars sustainability, empowerment, equity, and ethics
- An interest in international development, the not-for-profit sector, and/or
- Indonesia and its development context