BlueCare Bus Driver - (Paramatta Park)UnitingCare - Cairns
Trusted for generations. Iconic in Queensland, officially trusted by Australia We’re an award-winning care provider, recognised as Australia’s Most Trusted Brand in Queensland for home care and residential care services. It’s a testament to both the quality of our work and the relationships we’ve built since 1953.
Volunteer to change lives. Yours included.
This volunteer opportunity will help to assist with transporting our clients to and from Centre Based Respite by minibus. This role is for a reliable volunteer who loves people and social engagement.
Blue Care Centre Based Respite Centres assist elderly persons in our communities to take a break from their regular environment, meet new people and have a fun and rewarding experience while still having their care needs met. We are recruiting volunteer drivers to assist with transporting our clients to and from Centre Based Respite by mini bus.
This is a great opportunity for someone with good time management and organisational skills. And enjoys friendly conversations, able to listen, empathise and show compassion to clients.
Tasks involved include:
▪ Safely drive Blue Care vehicles including minibus to transport clients to and from Centre Based Respite Centres
▪ Assist in transporting clients on weekly outings and events
▪ Contribute to respectful and friendly conversations with clients
This is a great opportunity to:
▪ Enjoy social interaction with others,
▪ Experience the joy of making a meaningful difference,
▪ Build, maintain or contribute specialised skill sets
▪ Basic knowledge of motor vehicles
▪ COVID-19 Vaccination,
▪ Disability Worker Screening check,
▪ Australian Federal Police check,
▪ Drivers License (C or LR class)
This role is accessible for people using:
▪ a wheelchair or mobility device,
▪ accessible toilets,
▪ an assistance animal,
UnitingCare values diversity in our organisation and we have some principles in place that will help to promote both inclusion and access. If you have any other accessibility requirements, please discuss these at the time of the interview.