Are you looking for an opportunity to meet new people, make a difference to children’s lives and be part of an amazing team? If that's for you, come and volunteer in our Penrith Op Shop now!
Time Required & Commitment
- Ongoing customer service role
- 6-month minimum commitment
- Tuesday 9am to 5pm.
The Volunteer Role
You will perform a variety of tasks including:
- Providing customers with an excellent shopping experience.
- Sorting and pricing donations.
- Assisting with product display.
- Processing sales through the Point of Sale (POS) cash register.
- Keeping the store and sorting area tidy, whilst maintaining safe work practices.
No experience is needed as in-store coaching and training is provided. We welcome those with previous retail or hospitality backgrounds to share their experience with their fellow volunteers in the shop.
Why volunteer with us?
You'll be part of a great team.
Volunteering is a great way to interact with like-minded people and build friendships. Our volunteers come from all walks of life, they're of all ages, friendly and dedicated, and just waiting to welcome you as part of our brilliant team.
You'll be making a difference.
The work that you do will help change the lives of children. Your contribution as a volunteer will bring you a feeling of satisfaction knowing you are working for an organization that makes a difference for children in need. All profits from our stores support vulnerable kids here in Australia and overseas through programs that keep them healthy, in school and protected from abuse. Volunteers also get a 20% discount on purchases!
- Applicants must be aged over 18.
- All activities are Centrelink approved.
- Once you submit your application, our Team will be in contact with you.