Volunteer IT SupportTHRIVE Project
THRIVE Project is offering the opportunity for a select group of individuals with a passion for sustainability to join a growing initiative to gain valuable experience and give back to a worthy cause.
What is THRIVE?
As a not-for-profit for-impact initiative, we aim to place humankind onto a sustainable path and create a ‘thrivable’ future for all. Throughout our practice, we implement a scientific and evidence-based approach in all our endeavours. This is seen throughout our three divisions of research, education and advocacy. THRIVE is strongly committed to equal opportunities and values diversity in our workforce.
We provide educational content and free software solutions to address some of civilization’s global challenges:
- Climate change
- Biodiversity loss
- Social inequality
- Food security
- and more…
We’re looking for an enthusiastic IT Support team member to join our friendly, global team. You will be working alongside an enthusiastic group of developers to implement systems making the world a better place. You should have a minimum of two years commercial experience in IT support and/or DevOps environment, with capabilities in:
- Installing and configuring computer software, systems, networks, and security
- Maintaining computer systems and managing servers and networks
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing online technical support and setting up new services
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary and testing new technology
- Familiarity with WordPress, Nextcloud, Apache, Mail, DNS, CentOS, Azure, cpanel an advantage
- Software development experience an advantage
In this volunteer role you'll have the chance to expand your network to include senior officials worldwide as you work through selected projects.
Why join THRIVE?
- Free induction, training, and mentorship support
- Gain commercial experience and develop your presentation skills
- Access to global connections (including VIPs)
- Guidance and education from experienced volunteers
- Access to internships, subsidized roles, and the chance to land a paid job
- Teamwork/Collaboration opportunities across many fields of endeavour
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or related field(preferred)
- Fluent in English
- A passion for sustainability
- A collaborative team player mindset
- Excellent communication
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed problem-solving abilities
- Highly organised
- The ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ambition and proactivity
Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.