Microfinance Volunteer - No Interest Loans (NILs)Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand
Who is Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand? Good Shepherd Australia challenges the critical and ongoing issues facing women, girls and families, by providing crisis services, housing, financial wellbeing and access to safe and affordable finance. Our programs and services ensure people do not fall through the cracks.
The vision of Good Shepherd Australia New Zealand is a world where all women, girls and families are safe, well, strong and connected.
Our financial and wellbeing programs address the social issues that affect the disadvantaged and vulnerable in our community.
What is NILs?
The "No Interest Loans" (NILs) provides individuals and families on low incomes access to safe, fair and affordable credit, as an alternative to pay-day lenders and rent to buy schemes. Maximum loan amounts vary but can be as little as $300 or as much as $2000, for essential goods and services. The product has no fees, no charges and no interest.
- Ability to establish rapport with clients from diverse backgrounds, some with complex needs and provide efficient and high quality service. Experience in any of the following areas would be helpful; retail, hospitality, sales, banking, education or other customer service environment.
- Strong numeric capability
- Excellent spoken and written English; multilingual is desirable
- Experience in administrative and office management processes such as appointment management, record keeping and filing
- Competent in computer skills, including Microsoft Office and use of customer databases, with an ability to pay attention to detail
- The capacity and commitment to work in alignment with the values of Good Shepherd and understand the issue of financial exclusion in Australia
- Police Check and Working with Children Check will be required (we will organise this for all volunteers and there is no cost to the volunteer)
- Ability to commit to volunteering for a minimum 1/2 day per week (anytime during business hours Monday to Friday) for at least 6 months
NILs training available monthly and then volunteering placements to commence once training is completed.