- Provide individual and social support to clients through weekly or fortnightly visits at the clients' home.
- Do activities together such as read and discuss newspapers and/or magazines, play board games, card games or mah-jong, calligraphy together.
- Do gentle exercise or go for a walk together (depending on clients health and ability) Assist clients to participate in social activities
- Accompany clients shopping and Doctors' appointments with volunteers' personal vehicle
- Volunteers participate in program development, reviews and training
- Maintain accurate records of attendance times and mileage claim
- Monitor the wellbeing of the client and report concerns or incidents to Domestic Support/Social Support Coordinator
Volunteers have sound communication and listening skills Ability to support Supervisor and follow directions Understand the importance of promoting independence and self esteem for older people