Community Visitor Volunteers, German Speaking - Christie DownsCommunity Visitors Scheme (Southern Volunteering)
Become a volunteer visitor today and:
- Make a meaningful impact to the lives of older people
- Give back to your community
- Enjoy companionship requiring a commitment of only one hour per fortnight
- Widen your understanding of the world by engaging with another person with shared interest
- volunteer at an Residential Aged Care Facility near you
About the Community Visitors Scheme (CVS)
The Community Visitors Scheme is a federal government funded program designed to connect older people living in Residential Aged Care Facilities to their local communities and reduce social isolation.
Our volunteers make friendly visits, engaging in conversation and providing an upbeat presence, which has been proven to enhance the mental health and improve community integration of those they visit.
Volunteering as a Community Visitor can be incredibly rewarding; by having meaningful conversations, you can drastically improve the quality of life for older individuals.
Being a Community Visitor Volunteer
Community Visitor volunteers are matched with an older person and visit them at least once a fortnight (with many visiting on a more regular basis). To excel in this role, volunteers should possess characteristics such as patience and compassion, as well as listening and communication skills.
For this role we are looking for a volunteer who speaks German to chat with a German-speaking resident. If you are able to speak German, apply today!
Volunteering can be a rewarding experience for both the older person and the volunteer. As a volunteer, you will be able to form meaningful relationships with older people through:
- sharing a cup of tea
- going for a walk around the Residential Aged Care Facility
- playing a board game
- reading together
- listening to music
- supporting the older person to participate in activities
- or simply just having a chat!
Volunteers are given comprehensive support from experienced CVS Coordinators. The Coordinator will assist you to obtain a police check, match you with a older person, resolve any issues, provide guidance and resources, and check-in regularly.
As a volunteer you will benefit from:
- travel reimbursement to and from the Residential Aged Care Facility
- celebrations when you reach key volunteering milestones
- free events to meet and swap stories with other CVS volunteers.
Submit an expression of interest, and start your journey as a Community Visitor Volunteer today!
If you’d like to know more before you apply, call us on 8326 0020