A core value of CHAMPION is to support the basic needs of individuals experiencing disadvantage and communities in times of disaster. The Food Room Volunteer provides support in unloading the CHAMPION vehicle, checking and placing food stock on shelves, making food packs ready and providing quality customer service. Attention to maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic and healthy work environment is critical. Safety and well-being of self and others is vital and there is a requirement to identify and report any hazards and incidents when they occur.
We are seeking enthusiastic volunteers for the following:
• Undertake activities related to food in readiness for clients
• Unload the van, unpack boxes and stock shelves • Check use-by-dates of food stock and dispose of any expired stock • Prepare food packs in line with customer orders • Check the fridge to ensure appropriate food temperatures are maintained • Defrost the fridge at regular intervals • Undertake general cleaning and sanitising of shelves, floors, benches
• Food packs are to the satisfaction of customers • A clean and hygienic environment at all times • Provide quality customer service
• Providing friendly customer service • Responding to customer requirements and queries
• No customer complaints due to poor service • Accurate information provided to customers • Maintain a safe and healthy environment
• Monitor any health and safety concerns within the premises
• Report any potential health and safety concerns to Manager • Complete hazard/incident and accident form
If you feel like this sounds like you then we would love to hear from you!