Do you have a passion for food and helping the community?
Do you enjoy working within a team?
The Community Kitchen provide meals to community at a cheap price. Ultimately the goal is to have enough meals to freeze, so they are available for sale outside the lunch times and days.
Within this role, you may have an opportunity for some training by a qualified chef!
The role consists of one full day per fortnight (Thurs) when a community lunch is prepared and served and alternate half days each fortnight (Thurs) for menu preparation and team meetings.
Some duties include:
- Preparing and serving meals in a timely manner
- General kitchen cleaning duties
- Setting up & packing up of tables and chairs for meal service
- Welcoming and assisting clients, volunteers and the public
- Safe food handling (hygienic practices with preparation and storage of food and drinks)
So, if you like planning and preparing meals and would love to join the team and be more part of your local community, express your interest now!