Big Group Hug, based in Melbourne, is a volunteer-driven, not-for-profit organisation that supports vulnerable and disadvantaged families in need, by providing new and pre-loved goods to help these families care for their children, aged from newborn to 16-year-old. Our core belief is that all children deserve the best start in life, so for us, the child is the focus of everything we do. Our team is made up of over 300 individuals/volunteers who are determined and committed to assisting every family who asks for help. We receive requests for specific and essential items through Case Workers, Maternal and Child Health Nurses or other professionals in the community.
- Monitor our social media pages (Facebook, Instagram & Messenger) on an ongoing basis once or twice a week (our available days at the moment are Sun, Mon, Wed and Friday)
- Reply with courtesy to all queries with the help of our pre-written FAQ documents (our Facebook page receives approximately 10 messages/day but this number can be much higher when we post important announcement or campaigns). This can be done at any time that suits you on your chosen day/s.
- Liaise with other members of the Social Media Team, Donation Team and Warehouse Team as required
- Excellent manners and writing skills essential
You will have the opportunity to:
- Be involved in a great community organisation that makes a difference to families in need.
- Gain valuable work experience, and a reference.
Please note that only applycants that send us a direct email to the email address provided upon confirmation of this form will be considered .