Welfare Call Centre VolunteersSt Vincent de Paul Society (Vic)
WELFARE CALL CENTRE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!
VOLUNTEER WITH US, BECAUSE GOOD WORKS!
- Looking for a Volunteering opportunity that can make a real difference?
- Looking to make a commitment to regular volunteer work?
- A positive proactive operator who thrives on delivering outstanding service?
If so, read on…
We are seeking Volunteers for our busy Welfare Call Centre who have excellent verbal communication skills, a passion for customer service and a desire to work within the mission, vision and values of the Society. Our Welfare Call Centre team’s main focus is to provide a high quality experience to those who are reaching out to the Society for assistance. No day is the same in our thriving Welfare Call Centre. You will be answering calls, completing data entry into our Microsoft Access Database and liaising with your Supervisor in a fast-paced environment.
Our Call Centre operates five days a week, Monday to Friday. We require Volunteers who are available from 9.45am – 3.15pm, with the ability to commit to a minimum of one shift a week for a period of at least six months.
It takes dedicated and compassionate people to provide support to the Welfare Call Centre which provides hope to families across the Melbourne metropolitan area. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their destiny.
We are looking for individuals with:
- Excellent client service and support skills
- Empathy in dealing with people in difficult or desperate circumstances
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to act with empathy and without judgement.
- An ability to build rapport in a respectful manner with individuals from a range of backgrounds and cultures.
- A passion for helping others and giving back to your local community.
- A 'Can Do' attitude and ability to contribute positively to a team environment.
- Ability to use computer systems for basic tasks.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Access Database, or willingness to learn.
- The ability to commit to shifts once a week for at least 6 months.
In return we offer an opportunity to:
- Gain valuable experience in a respected national not-for-profit organisation.
- Make a difference within a supportive and busy working environment.
- Be part of a team helping to make a difference to the community.
If making a difference in your local community is important to you and you meet our essential requirements we can’t wait to hear from you.
Please note: Opportunities are only available to those aged 18 years and over.
This is an approved Centrelink approved volunteering program (mutual obligation activity).
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Volunteer in our Welfare Call Centre, we look forward to speaking with you soon!
St Vincent de Paul Society Victoria is proactive in supporting child safety.
We value diversity and aim to build an inclusive environment that champions, embraces and respects differences.
We support and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people of all abilities, cultures, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions.