The Expressions Committee is a passionate group of young people who elevate young people's voices through community events, film, art, panel discussions and exhibitions in the City of Stonnington.
As a member of the Expressions Committee, you will work together to design, plan and deliver events that celebrate diversity in the community and explore issues that are important to young people.
Join us and help design our next series of art based workshops and exhibition finale (no art experience required). The experiences gained through Expressions look great on a resume and provide the opportunity to connect with likeminded young people
Being a member of the Expressions Committee you will have the opportunity to:
- Learn from industry experts about event design and planning
- Develop skills in event design and delivery, promotion, graphic design, artist liaison, leadership, activism, community development, group facilitation, audio visual and sound production, set design and more
- Attend free training
- Meet like-minded young people
- Free entry to all events and an active role in delivering events
- Industry Experience and Networking Opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities
- Include committee experience on your resume
The Expressions Committee meets weekly on Mondays from 4:30pm-5:30pm at Grattan Gardens Community Centre or online pending COVID restrictions.
- Aged 18-25 years old
- Live/work/study/recreate in the City of Stonnington (Armadale, Glen Iris, Malvern, Kooyong, Malvern, Malvern East, Prahran, South Yarra, Toorak or Windsor)
If you have any questions please contact Kate Halstead on 0417 117 831.
We look forward to reading your application!