1. Who is Women of Colour Australia (WoCA)
Women of Colour Australia (WoCA) is a not-for-profit organisation and a registered charity established in August 2020. We are run by women of colour for women of colour. We exist to champion Australia’s women of colour through programs of education, community support initiatives, and advocacy work.
Our Vision: A world where girls and women of colour are afforded equitable opportunities to reach their full potential.
Our Purpose: To advocate, support, and strengthen the lives and experiences of Women of Colour in all places and spaces in Australia.
You can find out more about us on our womenofcolour.org.au website.
2. Duties as the Social Media Strategist
The Social Media Strategist’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying key online channels for WoCA to establish a presence
- Develop a social media strategy together with the Executive Committee to support the organisation’s programs and fundraising activities
- Establish targets for increasing online reach
- Manage social media coordinators to ensure regular updates to WoCA’s social media platforms, including news articles, media releases, etc.
- Monitor activity and user interactions for all social media platforms
- Adapt WoCA campaign messaging for the different platform-specific audiences
The Social Media Strategist will:
- Be experienced in using key social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Have strong writing and editing skills, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to use online tools to engage the community
- Outgoing, enthusiastic and creative
- Have the ability to work collaboratively
3. Duties of the Committee
Communications and Engagement Strategy
- Develop a Communication and Engagement plan
- Implement the Communication plan
- Develop and test branding and key communication messaging for WoCA
- The development of communication activities and collateral
- Establish measures to evaluate the ongoing impact of communication activities to ensure continued learning and improvement
- Reviewing material on the basis of feedback where feasible
- Report on the impact of the communication strategy
- Turn materials produced by other committees into content
- Oversee social media admins and moderators
- Establish the process for content development
- Create a social media content calendar to support engagement across all platforms (Twitter,
- Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube)
- Manage the WoCA website
- Create a digital publishing platform that will champion WoC voices
- Create and implement communications and engagement strategies to connect with women of colour and allies. The strategy must ensure meaningful consultation and involvement from First Nations communities.
- Consult and collaborate with at least five allied Australian organisations and businesses per year to share research, data and insights regarding opportunities and constraints for women of colour to promote change within workplaces.
- Design and develop merchandise for WoCA
4. Benefits of volunteering with WoCA
WoCA focuses on educating ourselves and seeking, with purpose and intention, opportunities for growth. We support each other to build a sense of belonging. We advocate for ourselves and for our community to drive change.
Holding a role in this Committee brings with it many benefits and development opportunities, including:
- Strengthening your teamwork and communication skills,
- Developing strategic thinking
- Developing and implementing innovative and effective multi-channel communications
- Honing skills in marketing, communications and design softwares
- Practical work experience to strengthen your CV, and
- A chance to increase your community advocacy and social interaction.