The Salvation Army Tom Quinn Community Centre offers exciting programs for community involvement. 'Creation Pallets' is a new opportunity for creative people with woodworking and general handyperson skills to be involved in the upcycling of materials including wooden pallets and older wooden outdoor furniture.
Be part of a fun team that brings to play your design and build skills as you restore outdoor wooden furniture to its former glory, and create new furniture and garden items from wooden pallets including possum boxes and bird feeders.
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Good interpersonal skills
- An understanding of woodwork, construction and design
- Strong commitment to PPE
- Ability to work autonomously or within a team
- Ability to co-design and collaborate with fellow team members
- Ability to work within the mission and values of The Salvation Army
- A level of physical fitness is required to meet the inherent requirements of this role
Multiple positions are being offered for this role.
- Some heavy lifting will be required
- Integrity checks will be a requirement of this role (WWCC/Blue Card).
- A valid Drivers Licence (C) will be required.
Please advise your availability in your expression of interest to be considered for this role and a team member will be in touch shortly.
We encourage you to attach your resume so that we can get to know you a little better.