It has been another difficult year, even more so for those already experiencing hardship. Volunteering with The Salvos will offer a great team-building experience, and especially with the knowledge that you’ll be helping us bring unexpected joy and hope to those who need it most. From just a few hours, you and your team can help make a real difference. Opportunities are limited, so grab a friend and lock in your spot!
Kippa-Ring Salvos Christmas Gift Wrappers
Location: Kippa-Ring Shopping Centre, Queensland
Tasks and Information: Help us wrap gifts in exchange for a donation. The funds are vital as all donations will support those most in need! All gift wrapping materials will be provided.
Available Shifts: The gift wrapping station will run from 27th November - 24 December 2021. The shifts needing the most support are listed below. Minimum 3-hour shifts are available. If a preferred date or time is not listed please let us know - we can always do with extra hands at all of our shifts!
- Saturday 27th November, 10am - 4pm
- Thursday 2nd December, 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday 5th December, 10am - 4pm
- Thursday 9th December, 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday 12th December, 10am - 4pm
- Thursday 16th December, 5pm - 7pm
- Saturday 19th December, 10am - 4pm
- Thursday 23rd December, 5pm - 7pm
- 3 - 5 volunteers required for each shift*
Get your team together and come help us spread cheer this year - express your interest, preferred shift date and time and if you're part of a team today!
- Please nominate your preferred shift(s) and team size in your expression of interest
- Due to COVID-19, we are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of all. Please check your state’s restrictions before expressing interest in volunteering
- We experience a high volume of interest during Christmas, and it may take a little longer for us to respond to you
- This opportunity is only suitable for those 14+ and over (those between 14 -18 years must be supervised by a parent or guardian)
- Must wear flat, enclosed shoes
- Bring along a water bottle, hat and wear light, casual clothes – feel free to get into the Christmas spirit!