Vinnies shops are a well-established and much-loved part of the Aussie retail landscape. Aside from being an op-shop mecca for fans of all things quality and thrift, the shops generate revenue for our broad range of services supporting the community. They may also be a first point of contact for people seeking emergency assistance. As a Volunteer Driver / Offsider, you will play a central role in the operations of the shops, making a significant and valuable contribution to the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW.
The Volunteer Role
The Volunteer Driver / Offsider will perform a variety of tasks including:
- Provide customers (Vinnies shops & donors) with excellent service;
- Load and unload Vinnies and donor vehicles;
- Make deliveries and pick-ups of donations;
- Stock movement as required;
- Assist customers;
- General manual handling; and
- Assist with cleaning and maintaining safe work practices.
The volunteers we are seeking will ideally:
- Be physically fit;
- Have current, valid driver’s licence (driver position only);
- Be a people person – welcoming, encouraging and positive;
- Be willing to work within the ethos of the St Vincent de Paul Society;
- Be respectful of others and flexible in their attitude to work and the team;
- Have good time management, presentation and organisational skills and use initiative to get the job done; and
- Be task-orientated and efficient.
No experience needed as coaching and training is provided.
Why join Vinnies as a volunteer
Volunteering is a great way to interact with like-minded people and build friendships.
Your contribution as a volunteer will bring you a feeling of satisfaction knowing you are working for an organisation that makes a difference for those in need. It will provide an opportunity for those who would like to gain warehouse training and experience and an avenue for you to share your expertise and talents.
Our volunteers are an integral part of the ongoing success of our Vinnies shops and in achieving the goals outlined in the St Vincent de Paul Society NSW’s Strategic Plan.
If you are interested in becoming a much valued Vinnies volunteer, please hit the APPLY button below.
The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW (Vinnies) assists people experiencing poverty and inequality and works to shape a more just and compassionate society. We assist in offering “a hand up” to people in need. We do this by respecting their dignity, sharing our hope, and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.
The St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is committed to being a Child Safe Organisation. Vinnies has developed a clear, accountable and transparent Policy and Procedures to ensure that it complies with relevant legislation and that all children and young people who come into contact with Vinnies are kept safe and are supported to the best of our capacity.
St Vincent de Paul Society NSW is an Equal Opportunity host and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. Vinnies strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.