The relief staff role is designed to offer support and relief to our live-in staff residents by: a) covering one evening shift (6pm – 10pm) on a regular weekly basis, b) attending community and recreational events as agreed, c) building healthy professional relationships with both staff and students in the house, promoting a sense of community d) being a strong positive role model in the lives of our young people.
This is a flexible role that can work around your availability, and sleep shifts and day shifts may be available if they better suit your availability, however we do ask for a one year commitment (including a 3 month probation period).
• We require your commitment to being rostered on duty at least one night a week or fortnight.
• On the night of a shift you will arrive at the house from 5.45pm (for handover) until 10pm (changes to this time can only be negotiated with your agreement and must be made before you start your shift).
• Students are not to be left alone on the premises at any time during this shift (ie at least one staff member must stay at the house at all times that students are present there).
• It is not required for you to sleep at the house, unless specifically stated and agreed .
• In the event that one of our staff residents must be away from the house for a prolonged period of time (holiday, time-off, etc.), you may have the opportunity to take on their live-in responsibilities for the time that they are away but you are not obliged to do so.
• You are encouraged to attend recreational activities (picnics, movies, games etc ) • You are invited to attend our Community Dinners (once a month) • To be a role model for the young people, keeping the Fusion Student Housing Service rules and guidelines of practice at all times.