“In time, not very much time at all, it will be the decisions of the children we teach today that will shape the world” – Dr Simon Longstaff, The Ethics Centre
Volunteers are the backbone of the Primary Ethics organisation. Volunteer ethics coordinators ensure the successful delivery of ethics programs in their local primary school. These ethics programs guide school children in how to think deeply about issues, discuss respectfully and develop well-reasoned opinions.
We want to ensure all NSW children get access to our wonderful program. We need volunteers from your local area to help us do this.
About us Primary Ethics is the sole approved provider of ethics classes in over 450 public primary schools in NSW which run as a meaningful alternative in the scripture/non-scripture timeslot each week.
The opportunity Primary Ethics is looking for an enthusiastic ethics coordinator for Epping West Public School.
By joining our team you’ll get the opportunity to:
- Develop your people and time management skills by building and managing a team of ethics teachers at your local school
- Build on your people skills by collaborating with school staff
- Develop your promotional and presentation skills by building awareness of the program and inspiring new volunteers from the wider school network and local community
- Have access to continued professional development
- Be a part of our Primary Ethics volunteer community - meet new people, support one another and exchange ideas!
A commitment of only 1-2 hours a week is required to volunteer and this time is flexible. Volunteers may be required to attend school meetings and events therefore it is recommended that they be based in the local area. No experience is necessary and all training is provided.
Primary Ethics is an inclusive organisation and welcomes applicants of all ages from diverse backgrounds and experience levels, so if you have some spare time and want to give back to your community, we’d love to hear from you.
The impact Volunteering with us means you get involved in your community, meet new challenges within a supportive team and have the immense satisfaction of contributing to young children developing skills for life.