Would you like to make a difference to the lives of many women in South Australia? If so, join the WIS team as a Community Centre Volunteer at The Haven in Goolwa.
As part of the wider WIS team, a Community Centre Volunteer provides comprehensive, accurate and up to-date information and referrals to all women who have concerns for their safety. Areas of support may include:
- Family life and relationships
- Domestic/family violence, sexual assault and safety
- Health and well-being
- Accommodation and housing issues
- Financial security and independence
- Women's groups and events
- Education, training and career paths or anything at all...
The volunteer role includes: • Respond to clients in a manner that is sensitive and appropriate to the needs of women from a diverse range of cultural backgrounds and life-style preferences. • Contribute to the recording of accurate daily statistics. • Contribute to developing and maintaining the WIS information systems by:
> Noting and/or obtaining any new or updated information. > Maintain a local information portfolio.
• Participate in staff development programs. • Keep up to date with current issues and developments in the women’s sector by maintaining an awareness and interest in incoming information. • Assist with general office duties as required, eg filing, photocopying, and basic word processing. • Attend volunteer catch-ups as scheduled.
Volunteers at Women's Information Service (WIS) are highly valued and make a difference to the lives of many women in South Australia. The WIS volunteer program offers comprehensive training, mentoring and support to make sure your volunteering experience is the best it can be.