Loneliness and isolation were an existing issue amongst the older and vulnerable community before the current pandemic, however this has become a greater issue over the last two years, as guidelines recommend people stay indoors to avoid exposure to the virus. As a result, Wesley Tebbutt Dundas is seeking volunteers to provide a virtual visits to their residents.
As a volunteer you will provide virtual visits - telephone calls, letters, postcards, video calls etc. with the possibility of face to face visits outside of lockdown.
Virtual visits are held during the day and can be Monday to Friday or weekends, at a time to suit both our resident and the volunteer visitor. Visit duration is a minimum of 1 hour per fortnight. Ongoing support and training provided.
This is your chance to put some joy back into the life of our beloved resident
- respect the rights of residents including confidentiality, privacy and maintain dignity
- exercise a duty of care at all times
- connect in with staff when needed
- complete a mandatory police check
- complete essential online induction and training
- face to face visits require (outside of lockdown) require influenza and COVID-19 vaccinations, or medical exemption letter
- no vaccination requirements for virtual visits