Family Life has been working with vulnerable children, families and communities since 1970. At the core of our organisation is our vision to build capable communities, strong families and thriving children.
As an organisation we celebrate diversity and inclusion. We value, respect, and listen to people who are culturally and/or linguistically diverse, gender and sexually diverse and people with a disability.
Family Life has multiple Community Opportunity Shops located across the Bayside, Mornington Peninsula and Kingston regions of Melbourne. These community-hubs are vibrant spaces, each shop playing an important role in the lives of the community of which they are a part.
The Family Life Distribution Centre and Clearance shop supports the operations of the Community Opportunity Shops by sorting and distributing donations, collecting donations from estates, apartments and business, collecting furniture donations, delivering furniture items to customers and managing the online store. Family Life opportunity shops help raise funds for families, children and young people.
Family Life was founded by volunteers and they continue to play a key role in making a positive difference in supporting our community.
The Volunteer Assistants at DC support by assisting the DC team to prepare items for delivery to the shops and to customers, in organising and moving goods and stock in the distribution centre and assisting store managers with moving, rearranging stock in the opportunity shops and supporting the clearance shop.
This position operationally reports to the Distribution Centre Manager, who will allocate the duties for the day and be available to support any questions or queries the volunteer may have.
- 4 hours per week, days to suit (Monday to Friday)
- Ability to lift, move and transport.
- Reliable and time efficient.
- Good communication skills and friendly attitude.
- Ability to work within a team, take initiative and know when to take direction.
- Ability to work with people of a diverse background and with diverse needs.
- Share and live the Family Life way and values.
- Willing to obtain Working with Children Check and undergo a police check (free to volunteers).