- Own transport or capacity to organise
- Working with children check (Over 18’s)
- Completed Volunteer form and undertaken volunteer induction
- Check-in/sign in to centre upon arrival and departure EACH time the centre is attended
- Use appropriate PPE when undertaking tasks in a rural environment required (Some provided)
- Knowledge of use of power & gardening tools
- Previous handyman type experience
- Eye for detail, keeping things neat & tidy.
Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate new ideas where necessary
- Be able to walk unaided on uneven ground.
- Capacity to work at times unsupervised or in small groups.
Duties & Task Examples:
- Mowing with ride-on lawnmower (Toro)
- Mowing with a push mower and edging with a whipper snipper
- Harrowing paddocks (spreading manure)
- Repairing fences and shelter sheds
- Spraying paddocks & removing weeds.
- Stick picking in paddocks, forming bonfire piles
- Maintaining clean driveway, clear gutters & horse yard area.
- Put away any equipment used when undertaking tasks
- Reporting any breakages or malfunctioning of equipment
- Reporting to program coordinator when fuel levels are low or have run out.
We have a COVIDSafe plan and training in place. This includes the use QR codes, social distancing and attendance protocols.
Benefits: Come along and join our centre as a Volunteer to find enjoyment by working alongside our horses and participants. We work in a fun, rural outdoor setting located in the Hawkesbury District, NSW.