The role of Volunteer Retail Shop Assistant involves:
- Processing sales on register – cash and eftpos
- Sorting and categorizing donations
- Quality control and ensuring good quality products for sale
- Steaming clothing
- Pricing, hanging and displaying stock
- Filling shop displays from excess in backroom
- Customer Service – greeting and assisting customers
- General housekeeping duties
- Organise for returns to be sent back to the Warehouse
- Maintaining an organized and tidy back room
- Opening and closing Procedures
- Changing Mannequins Outfits
CENTRELINK JOBSEEKERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY note - applicants must be over 18
DID YOU KNOW THAT WE GIVE 79% OF ALL FUNDS OP SHOPS RAISE DIRECTLY TO THE PROGRAMS TO SUPPORT KIDS IN AUSTRALIA AND OVERSEAS?
This is a busy, fun and intriguing role where you are able to get involved with all the behind the scenes processes involved in running the Save the Children Op Shops. We have a wonderful team of like minded people, all working together to support the work of improving the lives of children in WA and around Australia.
*We are Centrelink registered*
Please note: Save the Children volunteers are required to be double vaccinated for covid-19 and provide evidence of this when requested.