Corethics is an independent not-for-profit organisation dedicated to creating sustainable and thriving communities in the developing world. We are an all-volunteer-run organisation based in Newcastle, Australia. Our Bali, Indonesia program addresses the devastating issue of water depletion and pollution through our Waste 4 Wealth Project:
In partnership with Kopernik, we are designing an innovative research and pilot project to treat chemical pollution from factories in Bali, Indonesia.
About the role
We are looking for a self-starter in this role. All relevant information to support Grants will be provided. This is a remote position and we welcome applicants from across the world.
We hope this experience will either catapult you into the not-for-profit sector or give you the satisfaction of sharing your skills to benefit local communities in Bali and help them overcome their water crisis. Maybe both!
We are seeking volunteers who are skilled in writing, editing, and research. Experience or knowledge of marketing would be advantageous. You will be required to volunteer up to 10 hours per week and be able to meet grant deadlines.
- Review and assess grant eligibility, requirements, and deadlines
- Collaborate with Director to obtain relevant information
- Collate and draft application response in line with criteria
- Edit, submit, and follow up on application
- Identify grant opportunities and collate all relevant information required for approval i.e. eligibility, the application process, deadline, and purpose
- Make recommendation of grants based on organisation needs and goals
- Act as grant contact within the organisation answering any questions from Board, Director, or other volunteers
Volunteers should have prior experience in preparing and submitting grant applications or similar and possess the following:-
- Strong written communication skills
- Well-developed research skills
- Experience in writing proposals or strategic documents
- Ability to effectively communicate with management and colleagues
- Ability to translate strategic direction into grant application
- Intermediate or above skills in Google Drive and Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel)
- Ability to work independently and driven
- An interest in international development, the not-for-profit sector, and/or Indonesia and its development context
How To Apply
Be prepared with your CV and two references and complete the form that will be sent out to your email address following your application. Only completed applications will progress to the interview. Thank you and good luck!