Mentors - Inclusive Volunteering Program - Liverpool area/Remote - # 162303The Centre for Volunteering
The Centre for Volunteering NSW is the peak body for volunteering in NSW and has a brand new program called Inclusive Volunteering Program. We are currently seeking volunteers to become mentors for the participants in this program. Participants are located in the Liverpool area.
The Inclusive Volunteering Program – Pathways to Employment aims to reduce and remove barriers to volunteering and future employment for people living with disabilities or on a mental health recovery journey. Our program supports participants to engage in volunteering as a pathway to employment. The program also works with organisations to become more inclusive, as they involve people with all abilities and from all backgrounds in their workplaces.
As a Volunteer Mentor you will be matched with a participant who is experiencing barriers to volunteering. Participants include people with a disability or people recovering from mental health issues. You will be in a unique position to provide one-to-one mentoring to a participant, as they begin their volunteering journey and work towards achieving their goals. It’s a rewarding role to assist another person as they work towards their employment goals.
All contact will be subject to COVID safe health guidelines.
Attributes and Requirements:
- Must be over the age of 18
- Excellent communication skills including active listening
- Have an open minded, empathetic and understanding attitude
- Be dependable, reliable and punctual
- Treat people with respect, care and dignity
- Be respectful of the needs, rights and choices of every participant
- The ability to work within the guidelines and legislation appropriate to the position, e.g. Privacy Act and Work Health and Safety
- Have your own transport, or be confident and able to access public transport
- Hold or be willing to obtain a current Working with Children Check
- Gain skills and experience working with people with disabilities and/or lived experience of mental health conditions
- Be in a unique position to provide one-to-one mentoring to a participant volunteering journey and work towards achieving their goals
- Rewarding role to assist another person as they work towards their employment goals try new volunteering roles
- Meet new people
- Ability to work with people's strengths