The following work scope applies to all volunteers at RDA:
- Assist with preparation of horses for riding, including catching, cleaning, brushing.
- Lead horses in a safe manner to ensure the safety of acutely disabled clients and our volunteers.
- Ability to train as a Coach, which takes 2 years.
- Walk beside the horses as instructed, ensuring the safety of the clients, and in the case of an emergency to help dismount and care for them.
- General duties as required, including clearing the paddocks of manure, cleaning tack, raking and maintaining paths.
- All volunteers are required to be physically fit and will be required to walk for at least 1 hour per riding session.