Volunteer Cafe Team Member - Tom Quinn Community Centre, Bundaberg QLDThe Salvation Army Australia
About the Role A core value of the Salvation Army is to support the basic needs of individuals and communities. The Cafe Team Member is to provide support in the preparation of the meals, beverages and snacks and all associated serving and cleaning responsibilities. Attention to maintaining a clean, safe, hygienic and healthy work environment is critical.
A typical day will involve preparation for, service to clients and clean up at the end of the day.
Qualifications and experience requirements for the Role
- Experience in customer service desirable
- Good understanding of hygiene is essential.
- Experience in preparing food and condiments desirable
Mandatory requirements of the Role
- Complete TSA’s Volunteer Registration,induction modules and any other training as required
- Integrity checks will be a requirement of the role (WWCC/Blue Card)
- Knowledge of work health and safety particularly in a commercial kitchen environment
Roster & time commitment The cafe is open 7am - 3:30pm daily. Please advise your availability in your expression of interest.2-3 days per week is all that is required to make a difference in your community.
This is a vibrant and growing community where people are encouraged and cared for. Come and be a part of something special.
Bring a friend! Multiple positions are available for this role.
In return, you will receive training, and a volunteer role where references will be provided upon request. Other benefits include the opportunity to give back and engage with the good work of The Salvation Army.
TSA is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
A position description for this role will be provided upon request, and to the successful candidate prior to commencement of this role.