Are you friendly and enjoy having a chat? As a volunteer, your role is to have a friendly chat with people who make contact on the telephone, talking about everyday topics. This is not a crisis intervention or counselling service. Volunteers will be provided support and training. You will answer incoming calls via a computer and have a friendly chat with people as well as completing simple data entry tasks online during your shift. Some of the skills and qualities we are looking for;
- Excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Previous volunteer experience is desirable but not necessary
- Experience or willingness to learn about community organisations
- Basic IT proficiency
- National Police record check (to be completed through Friends for Good)
- Adhere to and promote the values and mission of Friends for Good
- Commitment to volunteering
We are very busy on the evenings & weekends and are recruiting for people to work one shift per week during the evening hours for either 4-6pm or 6-8.30pm.
Both offices are close to public transport. Our new Carlton/CBD office is within walking distance to Melbourne Central Station and trams 19, 57 and 59.