Are you interested in joining like-minded people to help save orangutans and rainforests?
The Orangutan Project is expanding and we need volunteers to help us raise funds across Australia. Fundraising and Events Volunteers are crucial in assisting us to raise the funds we need to save orangutans and their rainforest homes.
About Fundraising and Events Volunteers In this role, you will take part in a wide range of fundraising activities including but not limited to:
- Attending stalls at festivals and markets to sell merchandise, promote adoptions and take donations
- Helping out at events such as movie nights and quiz nights
- Promoting and selling tickets in your local region
- Helping to manage and run fundraising events
- Raising funds through donation boxes and presentations at schools or workplaces
- Assisting with online fundraising projects such as the OrangARTan Competition or Online Trivia Contests
At our events and market stalls, you'll help people understand the threats facing orangutans and you'll work with others who share your passion for conservation.
During your time with us, you will receive training, support and guidance to develop your skills. This is an exciting role where you can spread your wings while raising funds to save orangutans and rainforests in Sumatra and Borneo.
- You're passionate about the environment, especially saving orangutans and other species from extinction and protecting rainforests.
- You are a good communicator and comfortable working with other volunteers and talking to the public at stalls and events.
- You like getting out and about in your community and are able to travel to and from events.
- You have time and energy to work at markets, festivals and events, mostly on weekends but also on some evenings.
- You want to make a difference by volunteering your time with a reputable environmental charity.
If you're new to fundraising, this role will be a great step in your career and will give you experience and skills to help you achieve your goals.
Alternatively, you might already have experience in fundraising or events, and you're looking for an opportunity to contribute your skills and knowledge to make a difference.
About The Orangutan Project Volunteering with the Orangutan Project, you’ll meet passionate people who are making a difference to help orangutans and the forest communities who share their home. Best of all, 100 per cent of the donations you collect go directly to supporting orangutan conservation.
The Orangutan Project highly values our wonderful volunteers and the enormous contribution they make. Our volunteers help raise much-needed funds and awareness about the urgent need for conservation of Critically Endangered orangutans and their forests. We welcome volunteers from diverse backgrounds and encourage all to apply.
Our activities have positive flow-on effects that protect other endangered species such as the Sumatran tiger, elephant and rhino, as well as indigenous communities in the remaining rainforest of Borneo and Sumatra.