Experienced Company SecretaryBETTER Timor
BETTER (Building East Timor Through Education/Resources) is an Australian registered charity with a vision of empowering 1 in 4 people in East Timor with revolutionary education by 2030 that creates transformational impact for future generations. As a pioneer leader in charitable education, we aim to enhance the communities of East Timor through education, and provide them with a ‘hand-up’ rather than a ‘hand out’.
BETTER is actively seeking a Curriculum Creation Officer, reporting directly to the Education Team Leader & Founder, whose main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Compliance of the board and its committees with the law, the organisation’s governing documents and internal policies
- Manage Board processes – Board and Committee papers and circulation of agendas, minutes, discussion papers, proposals for the Board and its committees
- Ensure the necessary registers are established and properly maintained
- Being involved in risk management and corporate responsibility matters
- Develop, implement, communicate and maintain compliance policies, processes and procedures
For the right candidate, this voluntary opportunity has great potential to gain further exposure as well as taking the lead on their own projects.
In terms of time commitment, we have a flexible approach to this, as we understand everyone is different. In order to achieve our ambitious mission, we request you commit approx. 3 hours per week.
As well as having a passion for making a positive impact in the world, the ideal candidate will be highly qualified and has a passion for education.
It will suit someone who is keen to advance his or her career or keep busy!
BETTER is a charity organisation that is 100% volunteer-led, from our General Manager through to our all-important admin team, and it is because of this that we know the time gifted to us by our volunteers is how we will continue to succeed.
As a volunteer of BETTER, you will have access to:
- Making life-changing impacts on the communities of East Timor
- Mentoring opportunities
- Professional development to expand your skillset(s) -Making meaningful connections with other passionate individuals through our social experiences
- Genuine opportunities to gain leadership experience
- Enhancing your resume to become a ‘standout’ candidate
- Employment references provided
We believe in a “win-win” culture, which includes increasing your employability and/or accelerating your career. 10% of our volunteers, so far, have gained new employment and/or been promoted in their paid career.
Want to know more?
If you want to know more about volunteering with BETTER, please click “Apply” below and we will send you a link to a short video, where you will hear our Founder, Ornella Byak, share her story about how at an inspiring age of only 14 she has made a lasting impact in East Timor. We hope you find Ornella’s passion for East Timor contagious and want to join us in empowering the communities of East Timor through education.
BETTER, is an equal opportunities volunteer organisation that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All volunteer decisions at BETTER are based on organisation needs, requirements and individual skills/qualifications, without regard to race, colour, ethnicity, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by laws or regulations in the location where we operate. BETTER will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages.