Who we are
- Make Your Change™️ (MYC) exists to amplify people-power by connecting and strengthening individual and organisational ‘Change-makers™️’. We are striving to be a positive and driving force that enables the environmental movement in Australia to realise its full potential.
- Make Your Change is giving cause-driven movements an online home with a ‘one-stop shop’ for turning motivation into action. We are building a common place to share information, discover new opportunities, and collaborate to make systemic change possible.
- Justice: We factor resolving injustice against people and all living things in our decision making, and incorporate intersectional environmentalism into everything we do.
- Information: Being informed by credible sources is the key to be both effective and confident.
- Action: We want to focus on positive action and empowerment that achieves outcomes. We turn negative news stories into tangible, effective action people can take.
- Professionalism: We can only win if we are effective in both design and execution.
- People Power: We believe that mass mobilisation of the public is critical to climate and environmental success.
- Make Your Change is seeking the assistance of UX designers who can define, design, document and/or implement fantastic user experiences through digital channels. This is a great opportunity to develop your UX/UI skills and gain experience in developing a fun, compelling and engaging experience in a not-for-profit environment, whilst supporting a community that is truly making a difference for the planet.
- We have a range of roles suiting a range of experience levels. You don’t need to be an expert in one or any of the fields below. Enthusiastic volunteers who support the vision will be preferred.
- Whilst all contributions are helpful, MYC is ideally looking for volunteers who could contribute c. 4 hours a week over 3 weeks to help with on-boarding, systems training, etc. Contributions after on-boarding can be more flexible.
What your contribution could look like:
- Conducting user profiling and research to better define and understand MYC user base
- Creating UI wireframes and mock-ups for implementation by the tech team.
- Conducting market research to understand user alternatives and gaps/overlaps in alternative solutions
- Conducting user interviews and creating research approaches for collecting customer feedback.
- Enhancing UI elements of the website to make interaction compelling, clear and consistent.
You should have:
- Understanding the common challenges change makers face, and/or:
- Experience in documenting requirements for digital products, and/or:
- Experience implementing designs in web technologies, and/or:
- User or market research experience.
It would be super nice if you have:
- Experience in product management, UX/UI Design, Graphic Design,
- Experience using product design tools like Figma, Sketch, Illustrator
- Advanced skills in office suite like Slides, Spreadsheets, and Visio/Diagrams