Who we are
- Make Your Change™️ (MYC) exists to amplify people-power by connecting and strengthening individual and organisational ‘Change-makers™️’. We are striving to be a positive and driving force that enables the environmental movement in Australia to realise its full potential.
- Make Your Change is giving cause-driven movements an online home with a ‘one-stop shop’ for turning motivation into action. We are building a common place to share information, discover new opportunities, and collaborate to make systemic change possible.
- Justice: We factor resolving injustice against people and all living things in our decision making, and incorporate intersectional environmentalism into everything we do.
- Information: Being informed by credible sources is the key to be both effective and confident.
- Action: We want to focus on positive action and empowerment that achieves outcomes. We turn negative news stories into tangible, effective action people can take.
- Professionalism: We can only win if we are effective in both design and execution.
- People Power: We believe that mass mobilisation of the public is critical to climate and environmental success.
- Make Your Change is seeking the assistance of grants writers who can craft compelling applications and help increase our chances of securing sustained funding. This is a great opportunity to develop your technical writing skills and gain experience with developing funding strategies in a not-for-profit environment, whilst supporting a community that is truly making a difference for the planet.
- We have a range of roles suiting a range of experience levels. You don’t need to be an expert in one or any of the fields below. Enthusiastic volunteers who support the vision will be preferred.
- Whilst all contributions are helpful, MYC is ideally looking for volunteers who could contribute c. 4 hours a week over 3 weeks to help with on-boarding, systems training, etc. Contributions after on-boarding can be more flexible.
What your contribution could look like:
- Writing grant applications that comply with the grant organisation's objectives, while ensuring MYC can meet the grant obligations.
- Building on MYC's existing grants calendar, and updating status of grants and outcomes.
- Liaising with grant organisations and potential partners to ensure appropriate supporting documents are provided.
You should have:
- The ability to understand written requirements and contextualise the requirements of each grant opportunity and what its decision-makers are looking for.
It would be super nice if you have:
- Experience with grants writing, ideally with success in receiving funding.