Hackham West Community Centre is a 'community managed' organisation.
The entirety of Hackham West Community Centre's management falls under the jurisdiction of the Board of Management. This Board serves as the employer for approximately 15 staff members. Additionally, the Centre collaborates with the City of Onkaparinga to operate the Community Centre, where two council-employed individuals are engaged in delivering community development services.
Hackham West Community Centre are looking for Board of Management Committee Members, including Chairperson and Secretary. Duties involved as a Board Member include:
- Attending regular Board meetings (2 hours per month)
- Actively participating in Board discussions and staying well-informed about decision making processes
- Supporting and participating in fundraising events and special events
- Taking part in training or information sessions arranged for Board Members.
- Working in collaboration with Board Members on developing a strategic and business plan
- Contributing to the creation of policies and procedures which will ensure Hackham West Community Centre has best practice principles in place
No formal qualifications are required but a commitment to understand the role is a must.