ABOUT THE SERVICE
Meals Plus is a day center in the heart Parramatta providing basic needs and support to people who are homeless or disadvantaged. Meals Plus works to break the cycle of homelessness by providing quick solutions for people in need of emergency support.
It is an entry point into Parramatta Mission’s community services. Meals Plus is open for breakfast and lunch from Monday to Friday. Services include: emergency food assistance, laundry and shower facilities, financial counselling, legal advice by visiting solicitors, housing advocacy, Centrelink outreach service and referral to accommodation services.
* Due to COVID-19\, we have implemented measures to lower risk - the service currently only operates for takeaway.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Ideally we are looking for someone who has:
- Knowledge of relevant food safety standards desirable but not essential
- Outcome focused
- Understands work activities and follows procedures well
- Manages time effectively
- A friendly disposition
BENEFITS FROM VOLUNTEERING
There is much to be gained from Volunteering, including but not limited to:
- Meet new people and create friendships
- Learn new skills
- Gain Valuable work experience
- Support others in the community who would benefit from these services provided
- Develop self-confidence
- Excellent verbal communication skills
ABOUT PARRAMATTA MISSION
Parramatta Mission provides meals, accommodation and mental health services across Greater Western Sydney, with almost 500 staff and many volunteers delivering more than 70 services. We provide assistance to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged in our communities to assist them in transforming their lives. These include people who are homeless, at risk of homelessness, facing crisis and people living with mental illness.